Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Featured Artist :: A Little Stranger

a little stranger

This week's featured artist is A Little Stranger!

A Little Stranger - Unique plushes and art by Holly Stanway

Senioritis: Name and location please.
ALittleStranger: Holly Stanway. London, UK.
Senioritis: Great, a new friend from across the Atlantic! Hi Holly!

Senioritis: Can you tell us a little about yourself Holly?
ALittleStranger: I’m a plush designer and model maker living in London, UK. I’ve been sewing, painting and generally doing things with my hands for as long as I can remember and decided very early on to make it my career. While at university studying foundation and art and model making I started to create plush toys as gifts for friends and eventually started selling them online via etsy.com. I’m now proud to be selling both my own work and that of other independent artists in the A Little Stranger shop.
Senioritis: Wow Holly that's great that you knew what you wanted to do from a young age. Your shop is filled with absolute awesomeness! We love your work as well as the other artists' lines that you carry, very sweet.

Senioritis: Holly, how would you describe your style to somebody who has never seen your work or heard about A Little Stranger?
ALittleStranger: Colourful, cute, charming, creepy.
Senioritis: How's that for alliteration ;) We would have to agree, as we browsed your shop we found plenty of work that falls into each category!

Senioritis: Do you have a favorite color Holly?
ALittleStranger: All of them! I like rainbows :)

applehead dunny cross stitch pattern


Senioritis: Are your a righty or a lefty?
ALittleStranger: Righty.
Senioritis: Hmm, initially we thought that we would find more lefty artists but based on our weekly interviews it seems to us that the vast majority of artists are righty, go figure.

Senioritis: Do you have a favorite quote Holly?
ALittleStranger: "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr Seuss
Senioritis: Dr. Seuss knew what he was talking about.

kirby cross stitch cameo necklace

Senioritis: If you could have lunch with someone famous, past or present, who would it be?
ALittleStranger: David Bowie, but he'd have to be dressed as the Goblin King, and we'd have lunch in the glass ballroom bubble. After our fine feast he'd sing to me.
Senioritis: Now that's what we call a lunch! For those not familiar with the Goblin King.

Senioritis: What's your favorite cartoon, from now or when you were a kid?
ALittleStranger: Care Bears, I still love it now!

Senioritis: Not sure if it's true or not but we heard that there will be a new Care Bears to the Rescue movie coming out sometime this year (don't be mad at us if it's just a rumor :).

red chicken dragon

Senioritis: Where do you see yourself and your business in 10 years Holly?
ALittleStranger: As long as I'm stil happy, I'll be happy. I'd love to be working for myself on my own designs, and have more room to work, in a really beautiful studio space. And I'd have a lot more guinea pigs!
Senioritis: We think a beautiful studio space is something every designer would love to have!

snow bear

Senioritis: Are there any websites you'd like to share with us Holly?
ALittleStranger: ALittleStranger.com
ALittleStranger Shop
http://twitter.com/alittlestranger

Senioritis: Any shoutouts?
ALittleStranger: My boyfriend & best friend Jonjo, who helps and supports me with everything I do. He puts order to my creative madness, ha!

Holly, thanks so much for introducing us to the world of A Little Stranger; we love your style and can't wait to see what's next. We wish you the best of luck and continued success!


Garrick @ Senioritis



2 comments:

  1. Such cute items, I love Snow Bear and that Chicken Dragon!! Though it seems like something I'd be afraid to have sitting around while I'm sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken Dragon protects you while you're sleeping ;)

    We dig all of Holly's work, check out her professional portfolio if you haven't to see some more really sweet stuff:

    http://www.alittlestranger.com/wordpress/2008/03/professional-portfolio/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a comment, we love hearing what our readers have to say :)
-senioritis