Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Featured Artist :: Samantha Nowak Illustrations

Samantha Nowak Illustrations


This week's featured artist is Samantha Nowak Illustrations!

Samantha Nowak Illustrations - Home of the Customizable Enchanted Names!

Senioritis: Name and location please.
Samantha Nowak Illustrations: Samantha Nowak, Kansas.
Senioritis: Hi Samantha!

Senioritis: Can you tell us a little about yourself please?
Samantha Nowak Illustrations: Born in 1983 in Germany, I grew up as a military brat and moved around most of my childhood and into the teenage years. I have been drawing ever since someone handed me a pencil, and have always been strongly inspired by fairy tales and mythology. At 10 I decided to become an artist, and since then I have been working to push myself and my abilities- continuing to grow from year to year.
Senioritis: We love mythology and fairy tales as well, when we were little we had a book called D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths; we used to read that one a bunch it was awesome! It sounds like you've moved around quite a bit Samantha, what has been your favorite place to live so far?

Senioritis: How would you describe your style?
Samantha Nowak Illustrations: Magical, Elegant, Enchanting, and Colorful.
Senioritis: That sounds spot on to us ;)

Senioritis: Do you have a favorite color Samantha?
Samantha Nowak Illustrations: Forest Green.

sprint nymph

Senioritis: Are your a righty or a lefty?
Samantha Nowak Illustrations: Confused ambidextrous.
Senioritis: Well, we were a bit on the fence before, but we are now thoroughly convinced that use of the left hand has ties to Europe ;)

Senioritis: Do you have a favorite quote?
Samantha Nowak Illustrations: “Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney
Senioritis: Thanks for sharing such a great quote with all of us, Walt Disney had such vision.

bookmarks

Senioritis: Samantha, if you could have lunch with someone famous, past or present, who would it be?
Samantha Nowak Illustrations: Walt Disney. My first love is 2D animation, and Disney started that love. He was an artist and an innovator. He intrigues my artistic and scientific sides and it would be awesome to sit with him and discuss his ideas, innovations and the impossible things he believed were possible.
Senioritis: Walt Disney rocks! I remember going to Disneyland and thinking how cool it was to see models of his original drawing stations with his original sketches. Who would have ever thought that two big mouse ears would become an iconic symbol easily recognized anywhere in the world?

Senioritis: What's your favorite cartoon, from now or when you were a kid?
Samantha Nowak Illustrations: Gargoyles (came on in the Disney Afternoon).

Senioritis: Gargoyles was a very good cartoon, haven't seen that one in quite some time; liked Duck Tales from Disney Afternoon as well.

enchanted names custom phoenix

Senioritis: Samantha, where do you see yourself and your business in 10 years?
Samantha Nowak Illustrations: In ten years I would like to have a permanent shop at the Kansas City Renaissance Festival (our local RenFest) to sell my artwork. My Enchanted Names series will have expanded exponentially by then. As I develop more fine art works, I’d like to get into galleries. Also, having several of my graphic novels published would great- and perhaps a children’s book or two.
Senioritis: Sounds great to us ;) Do you have your graphic novels anywhere on the web? We saw one of the Stitched Crosses covers and would love to see more!

enchanted names custom knight

Senioritis: Are there any websites you'd like to share with us?
Samantha Nowak Illustrations: My Etsy shop
My personal site
My webcomic Ylseria
My deviantART site
My facebook fan page

Senioritis: Any shoutouts before we let you go?

Samantha Nowak Illustrations: Thanks to Senioritis for featuring me! And to my husband, Joe, who continues to support my art!

Samantha, thanks so much for taking the time to chat with us. We think your illustrations are great and we're looking forward to seeing more of your work. Keep rockin!


Garrick @ Senioritis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a comment, we love hearing what our readers have to say :)
-senioritis