Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Featured Artist :: Emelia Jane Photography

Emelia Jane Photography

This week's featured artist is Emelia Jane Photography!

Senioritis: Name and location please.
EmeliaJane: Emelia Jane Fleck, Shelburne Falls, MA.
Senioritis: Ahh a New Englander! Hi Emelia, we have a lot of family up in MA ;)

Senioritis: Can you please tell us a little about yourself?
EmeliaJane: My name is Emelia and I have been completely enthralled with photography for as long as I can remember. I am inspired by the unusual and extraordinary beauty hiding within ordinary objects. It brings me so much pleasure to know that when I capture an image in my lens, that flash in time will never recur, however it will live on forever in my photograph. I love looking at an image and being transported to the feeling of that particular moment in time; the smell of a garden in the early morning, the electricity before a summer storm, the warmth of a loved possession! Other than being a photographer I am an avid illustrator (I have a second Etsy shop BelliUccelli), old cemetery enthusiast, treasure hunter and lover of chocolate!
Senioritis: Wow, we feel like we've known you for years ;) We're not too great with a camera but we know what you mean about being able to capture a moment that will never happen again; definitely a very cool feeling. I can't say that we've met many old cemetary enthusiasts but we do like the Michael Jackson Thriller video :) Have you found any good treasure during your hunting?

Senioritis: How would you describe your style Emelia?
EmeliaJane: Memorable, Natural, Enchanting, Unique.
Senioritis: We would definitely agree, we think the way you capture images is awesome!

Senioritis: Do you have a favorite color Emelia?
EmeliaJane: I have many but lately my favorite has been Aqua!

aqua reflections

Senioritis: Are your a righty or a lefty?
EmeliaJane: Righty.
Senioritis: Hmm, the fact that you're a righty and a photographer got me thinking; do they make cameras for leftys where the shutter release button is on the left hand side?

Senioritis: Emelia, do you have a favorite quote?
EmeliaJane: Be to others kind and true as you'd have others be to you.
Senioritis: Sounds a bit like the golden rule to us, can never go wrong with these words of wisdom!

music of the forest

Senioritis: If you could have lunch with someone famous, past or present, who would it be?
EmeliaJane: Daniel Webster. He was my cousin 9 times removed and I am just so curious!
Senioritis: Wow, we're not sure which is cooler the fact that Daniel Webster was your cousin or the fact that you can trace your family that far out ;)

Senioritis: What's your favorite cartoon, from now or when you were a kid?
EmeliaJane: Hands down The Pink Panther! I adore the early cartoons, the ones where no one talks and there is no laugh track, brilliant!

Senioritis: Anyone else hear the Pink Panther music? Pink Panther is definitely a classic!

silo

Senioritis: Emelia, where do you see yourself and your business in 10 years?
EmeliaJane: Oooo! In 10 years I have a beautiful little yellow bungalow with a huge sycamore tree out front and a front and back porch, a garden and three chickens :) I have visited at least half of the destinations on my travel list (China, New Zealand and Africa are a must) and I am continuing to be a full time photographer and illustrator, always creating and enjoying my art! Whoa, I got excited about that question! :)
Senioritis: Sounds good to us! My sister Jillian spent some time in New Zealand and loved it. What other destinations are on your travel list?

1 hour cleaners

Senioritis: Are there any websites you'd like to share with us?
EmeliaJane: belliuccelli shop
emeliajane.weebly.com


Senioritis: Any shoutouts?
EmeliaJane: My wonderful family and friends for supporting me 100%! and...

Holla!!!
wingandwillow
laurencecollection
thejoyofcolor
hjrddesign


Thanks for sharing some time and info with us Emelia! Best of luck with your photography and illustration endeavors; your work is sweet!


Garrick @ Senioritis


9 comments:

  1. Great photography, good pick for your feature this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather, Emelia's work is great!

    Her Music of the Forest photo reminds of a time I saw a piano on a subway platform in NYC, not quite sure how it got there but it would have been a great photo opp ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photography! And nice to hear from a fellow MA Etsian! :)

    Stina
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sabrinahollyvintage
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/belezaphotography
    Sabrinahollyvintage@yahoo.com
    BelezaPhotography@yahoo.com
    Twitter @sabrinaholly
    http://sabrinahollyvintage.blogspot.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/belezaphotography/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts are my cup of tea. I'm interested in your articles. I always read them everyday and wait for incoming ones. It's because your posts are interesting.
    Kuu Kuu Harajuku: Diy Kawaii Stickers games for girls || Jumpy Kangaroo best games 2018 || SnowWars.io games io online

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is imperative that we read blog post very carefully. I am already done it and find that this post is really amazing
    bob the robber 4 japan online , fireboy and watergirl 4 best online games , mario banzai best online games ,

    ReplyDelete
  6. To start with You got an awesome blog .I will be keen on more comparative points. I see you got extremely exceptionally valuable themes, I will be continually checking your blog much appreciated.
    miniclip, a10 game play, Jogos online

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to keep track of your posts, it is really a useful source of information, wish you success. It's great, wish you success in the next blog, this is a post that we all should read at least once.
    online game for kids
    jogos friv online

    ReplyDelete
  8. friv4school 2019
    2player games to play
    io jogos for school
    The blog topic is very informative and interesting for readers and i also really enjoyed it.
    Excellent blog. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to happily find this web-site. I anticipated that would an obligation of appreciation is all together for your possibility for this remarkable learn!! I unequivocally getting a charge out of every single bit of it and I've you bookmarked to take a gander at new stuff you blog. Thanks

    online car games at googy
    friv Games to play
    www y8 games

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a comment, we love hearing what our readers have to say :)
-senioritis