Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Featured Artist :: RobinsFlight



This week's featured artist is RobinsFlight!

RobinsFlight- Handmade Bags and Purses

Senioritis: What's your name and where are you located?
RobinsFlight: Robin Flatley, Livonia, MI
Senioritis: Michigan, sweet, I've always wanted to go there.

Senioritis: Can you give us a brief bio please?
RobinsFlight: I'm a stay at home mom of 2 kids. I learned to crochet at age 8,to sew shortly thereafter. I picked it up again when looking for a job after grad school. The crafting gives me a good outlet for my creativity, and something that doesn't involve the kids! I sell my bags so I can justify making more, and I make them because it's just plain fun!
Senioritis: That's awesome, it must be nice to have a hobby you enjoy that is separate from your kids! I too learned how to crochet at a very young age and just last winter I learned to knit.

travelers pack in brights

Senioritis: Robin, you have a long history of creativity. How would you describe your style to someone you just met in only a few words?
RobinsFlight: classic, unique, textured,...I'm having trouble coming up with another!
Senioritis: It is hard to be put on the spot, but we would have to add useful!

Senioritis: What is your favorite color?
RobinsFlight: Chocolate Brown.
Senioritis: We don't hear that color too often =)

blue & brown wallet

Senioritis: Are you a righty or a lefty?
RobinsFlight: Righty

Senioritis: Do you have a favorite quote?
RobinsFlight: At the moment "Is that silly girl fussing?" said by my 2 year old about my 5 year old throwing a tantrum. I don't get too deep about these things. =)
Senioritis: Sounds good to us,it is certainly amusing!

Senioritis: If you could have lunch with someone famous, past or present, who would it be?
RobinsFlight: My husband...he is on YouTube, after all. =) And I rarely get to sit down and have lunch with him! Famous people are just people after all.
Senioritis: Ah! I love YouTube! Also, I understand, when life is non-stop it is hard to get a chance to just relax and sit down with the ones you love.

yellow & orange wallet

Senioritis: What is your favorite cartoon, from now or from when you were a kid?
RobinsFlight: Classic Pink Panther
Senioritis: Good choice!

Senioritis: Where do you see yourself and your business in 10 years?
RobinsFlight:I really don't know. I might be doing the same thing I'm doing, crafting while the kids are in school. I might go back to my day job, which is cancer research. Or I might be doing something else. As far as my business, I'm enjoying it now, and that's the goal, so I'll do it till I don't enjoy it anymore.
Senioritis: Wow cancer research! It must be nice to be able to channel your creativity into something that you not only enjoy but can profit on as well. We wish you the best of luck!

Senioritis: Are there any links you would like us to promote for you?
RobinsFlight: RobinsFlight.etsy.com of course, and I started a facebook page.

brown stripes organizer bag

Senioritis: Before we wrap up would you like to give any shout outs?
RobinsFlight: Thanks to my husband for putting up with me doing all this etsy-ing. And to my kids, although they don't really get a say in it =). And thanks to everyone who's bought any of my bags, since without you, I probably wouldn't still be doing this!

Thanks Robin for giving us a look behind the scenes of RobinsFlight ;)

Jill @ Senioritis


4 comments:

Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a comment, we love hearing what our readers have to say :)
-senioritis