Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Featured Artist :: Handmade by Anne Potter




Handmade by Anne Potter - Cool stuff, awesome cause (I give 50% of all proceeds to missions)

Senioritis: We are thrilled to have you as this week's featured artist! Please introduce yourself.
Handmade by Anne Potter: I'm Anne Potter, from Champaign, IL, USA.

Senioritis: Welcome, Anne. Would you please give us a brief bio?
Handmade by Anne Potter: I’m a stay-at-home mom to five kids, ages 14,9,7,2,2. I’m from the Chicago area, and I’ve lived my whole life in sunny Illinois. I also live in a constant state of wanderlust and so many of my pieces are inspired by foreign cultures. I love to travel (when I can), play catch, look for interesting materials and I run (because I love to eat).
Senioritis: We love to play catch (though we New Yorkers say "have a catch") and eat, too! Your world culture-inspired pieces are terrific.

Senioritis: How would you describe your style?
Handmade by Anne Potter: creative, smart, scatter-brained, laffy

Senioritis: Favorite color, please.
Handmade by Anne Potter: Light coral red



Senioritis: Are you a righty or a lefty?
Handmade by Anne Potter: Righty

Senioritis: Do you have a favorite quote?
Handmade by Anne Potter: “You don’t have to be dumb to be happy, but it sure helps.” - My friend Karen’s grandmother, Virgil Leonard
Senioritis: That is a totally fantastic quote, Anne! Your friend Karen's grandmother deserves some major recognition for that.

Senioritis: If you could have lunch with someone famous, past or present, who would it be?
Handmade by Anne Potter: Off the top of my head, Andy Samberg from SNL. I like to be around funny people and he seems to be too silly to have that tortured-soul baggage that some funny people have.
Senioritis: We agree - Andy Samberg seems like a really fun guy to be around. We bet you wouldn't stop laughing throughout the entire lunch.



Senioritis: What's your favorite cartoon (from the present or when you were a kid)?
Handmade by Anne Potter: Calvin and Hobbes (Bill Watterson, where are you?!)

Senioritis: Wow, Calvin and Hobbes has been retired for a while now. What a great comic, though! And actually, we think G (the mad designtist) looked uncannily like Calvin when he was a child.



Senioritis: Anne, where do you see yourself and your business in 10 years?
Handmade by Anne Potter: Heading a (not-Martha) domestic empire: I have a resourceful approach to making pieces that combines repurposed and secondhand materials with creative technique. I plan to continue teaching creative seminars on this subject. I also plan to write and publish beautiful books (on knitting, quilting, needlepoint and home decor projects) and produce product lines. And I plan to keep selling pieces on etsy because I think it’s a great marketplace.
Senioritis: We think you have a great future, and we look forward to seeing your non-Martha empire take off. Keep creating and promoting great causes!



Senioritis: Before we let you go, is there anyone you'd like to mention?
Handmade by Anne Potter: All my beloved friends and family who have received so many tacky gifts from me in the past. Thanks to your graciousness (and some seriously regretful gifts), I have honed my skills.

We'd like to thank Anne for taking the time to teach us a bit about her handmade world. Be sure to check out her esty shop, Handmade by Anne Potter.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful style Blogs, Such a good list. Thanks for sharing of these blogs all square measure terribly helpful to eachone.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a comment, we love hearing what our readers have to say :)
-senioritis