Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Featured Artist :: Heather King Photography



This week's featured artist is Heather King Photography!

Heather King Photography - Product and Fine Art Photography

Senioritis: Name & location please.
Heather King Photography: Heather King, Atlanta, GA

Senioritis: Heather, can you give us a brief bio please?
Heather King Photography: I'm a professional photographer working throughout the Atlanta, GA area. I enjoy product photography as well as relaxing and taking some time to create fine art. I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography as well as a minor in Professional Photography.
Senioritis: Wow, that's awesome. We're just glad we can turn on our digital camera ;)

Senioritis: Heather, if you were describing your style to someone in a few words; what would those words be?
Heather King Designs: Simple, clean, classic (mostly, lol), and a little fun :P



Senioritis: Do you have a favorite color?
Heather King Photography: Hmmm...such a hard question, I LOVE colors! Today, I'd say purple.

Senioritis: Are you a righty or a lefty?
Heather King Photography: Lefty! I like being different :)

Senioritis: Do you have a favorite quote?
Heather King Photography: We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. - Aristotle
Senioritis: We agree, excellence is indeed a habit. Great quote Heather, we can all learn a great deal from Aristotle ;)



Senioritis: If you could have lunch with someone famous, past or present, who would it be?
Heather King Photography: This is such a hard question for me. I never know how to answer it! One person I'd love to have lunch with would be Viggo Mortensen. He's best known as an actor, but he's also a photographer. He puts his all into his work, and isn't afraid to do what he wants. I'd love to pick his brain for a bit!
Senioritis: We weren't aware that Viggo Mortensen is a photographer. We think he's a great actor, really liked him in Eastern Promises, we'll have to check out his camera work.

Senioritis: Heather, do you have a favorite cartoon?
Heather King Photography: Family Guy! Always makes me laugh, and is a great fix for a bad mood :)
Senioritis: Great show, Stewie cracks us up.


Senioritis: Where do you see yourself and your business in 10 years?
Heather King Photography: I hope to be working as a photographer full time, selling many many prints, and have my art hanging in many places (including all of your homes! hehe).
Senioritis: We think that's a great gameplan. Your works are great and we're sure they will be sent to many new homes ;)

Senioritis: Where can we find you on the web?
Heather King Photography:
Website
Etsy shop
Facebook
Blog
Senioritis: Great links Heather! We really like the way your site is designed; your portfolio looks great as well. We have several baseball gloves that look nice and worn just like the one in your photo ;)



Senioritis: Before we let you go, would you like to give any shoutouts?
Heather King Photography: I'll give a shoutout to my kitties, Kaylee and Fitz, thank you for keeping me company and sitting on my lap while I edit photos at the computer! They help to keep me sane :)


We would like to thank Heather for giving us a little more insight into the world of Heather King Photography. Please visit Heather King Photography's shop on Etsy and take a look around http://www.etsy.com/shop/heatherkingdesigns.


We will be interviewing another featured artist next Wednesday so stay tuned. If you can't wait until then to get your next dose of senioritis features please feel free to check back on Friday for our Friday Finds. Have a senioritis day!



15 comments:

  1. The "book Love" is awesome!


    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com/2010/02/win-it-wednesday-new-giveaway-and_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather's photographs really are lovely :D!! And the book love is brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for featuring me! I just blogged about it today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the "Book Love"! Off to check out Heather's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No problem Heather, your work is great. Book love was an awesome idea and very well executed!

    For more info on Heather visit her blog:

    http://heatherkingphotography.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great feature, have to find out who Viggo Mortensen is... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Southern Belle ;)

    Thanks 41park, check this out:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viggo_Mortensen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute photos! I love the little cupcake and book love! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cupcake one is great but every time I look at it it makes me hungry ;) Check out Heather's Etsy shop for more cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went to this website, and I believe that you have a plenty of excellent information, I have saved your site to my bookmarks.

    googy games online
    friv online Games for kids
    y8 2 player games

    ReplyDelete
  11. jogos io 2019
    friv Games play
    2player for free
    I’m not positive where you are getting your info, but good topic. I must spend some time learning much more or working out more. Thanks for great information I used to be looking for this info for my mission.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful Tutorial, thanks for putting this together! This is obviously one great post. Thanks for the valuable information .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a comment, we love hearing what our readers have to say :)
-senioritis